The Fashion Project

A project for the fashion-conscious, modern, modest woman. A low-tech, unprofessional photographic exploration of life's changes as we come to accept the path we are meant to take, and what we wear along the way.

10:15 PM

Bow-tastic

Posted by Unknown |



In Japan-land, you can always count on being able to find absolutely anything with Hello Kitty on it. Last week in the convenience store, I found a bow on a ponytail holder- pink satin with black lace over it, and a faux-gold Hello Kitty charm dangling from it. I absolutely had to get it.

Only when I got home did I realize that I had no idea how to actually wear the thing. Aside from the fact that I cover my hair, it's extremely fine and I can't use thick ponytail holders anyway, especially if they have weighty decorations on them. So I mulled it over for a week or so, until I finally came up with a solution!

I will post later about my invention, but suffice it to say its a headband with a puff of fabric on the back, and if you position it just below the hairline, the puff fits just below the crown of the head, creating a nice shape for the hijab to fall in. So, what I did was put on the puff headband, then put a bonnet cap over it. I put the ponytail holder over the puff and bonnet. Then, I wrapped the scarf around just the front of the head, around the neck, and when I wrapped it a second time over the head, I wrapped it just below the bow, and pinned the sides. This allowed the bow to show, but not the bonnet. Voila!


1 comments:

Fatimah said...

Ahh I love how hello kitty can make anything ten times cuter! Pretty bow :)

Post a Comment

Subscribe